Website Administrator – Job Description
This is a volunteer position (unpaid) and working from home as Schools OUT UK have no offices.
Main purpose of role:
To be responsible for the development, maintenance and supervision of the Schools OUT UK’s online representation via schools-out.org.uk, lgbthistorymonth.org.uk, lgbthistorymonth.co.uk, outingthepast.org.uk and the-classroom.org.uk. To support members of the Management Committee and Trustees in posting content and in managing user access. To liaise with web hosting agencies in relation to website servers and to create and support domain side email accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Management Committee leads for each area of work in developing the website content to match the needs of the organisation inline with good website structure practice and the aims of the charity.
- Good knowledge of html for use in the page data writing, other content developed through WYSIWYG content management of wordpress platform. Ensure websites are working correctly and delivering content.
- 2 hosting servers with databases for the 5 websites and each domain has specific requirements for email accounts, managed by the Website Administrator.
- Updating sites in response to Promotional activity, press activity or seasonal activity as required – mainly infrastructure as content is produced by other committee members, trustees and volunteers.
- Respond to website queries in relation to find, sharing, storing content.
- Provide web site data reports for quarterly Management Committee meetings.
- Ensure regular back ups of sites are carried out and maintained.
- End user support on email access for either web side access or client’s preferred email reader.
- Monitor regularly for security breaches or hacked pages.
Contact Tony Fenwick CEO at: