We are now gearing up for LGBT+ History Month 2021!
As you can see from our front page, the theme for next February is ‘Body, Mind, Spirit’ and as for the last few years, is linked to a National Curriculum subject. We are visiting PHSE for a second time.
- Information and free posters supporting the theme are here.
- The Proud Trust work book that supports the 2020 theme is here. They will be publishing the 2021 version in due course.
Given our current pandemic situation we can’t take anything for granted so we are exploring how to be flexible and thinking of new ways of communicating. Keep an eye on the website and our social media.
We will have reports of events that the Schools OUT UK committee attend in OUTburst so do subscribe or look at it here. Check out our LGBT History Month Facebook to find podcasts, webinars and videos exploring our LGBT+ness.
In the meantime, we hope you keep safe.
In solidarity The Schools OUT UK team
In February and March, we have supported a very exciting, informative and celebratory month, to educate out prejudice and make LGBT+ people visible in all their rich diversity.
Download our 2021 logo here.
We are here for everyone. Whether you work in education or youth work, or educate young people at home, in a museum, library or art gallery, are a member of a corporate LGBT+ network/social group or as an individual, you can:
- Download our LGBT+ History ‘Voices and Visibility’ wall-chart. Put it on your noticeboard at work, or in your classroom (or home classroom).
- View LGBT+ History Month’s resources. You can download and use these to promote LGBT+ equality .
- Follow us on social media to stay updated on queer issues. We’re on on Facebook and Twitter
- Teach some of the over 80 lesson plans that usualise LGBT+ issues across the curriculum and for all ages at The Classroom.
- Put some curriculum posters up in your classroom, common room or on your staff noticeboard.
- Attend OUTing the Past if you are specifically interested in LGBT+ history. See the programmes that were presented in 2020 here.
- Offer a presentation for next year’s OUTing the Past. know a lot about an LGBT Place or person?
- Book an LGBT+ history presentation once the situation changes see our presentations page.
- Research LGBT+ topics during Lockdown. Then keep a look out for our call for papers for 2021. It will be on the OTP website and in our bulletin OUTburst.
- Download The Proud Trust’s LGBT History Month Toolkit 2020. They’ve planned the work so you don’t have to.