It’s LGBT+ History Month 2021!
As you can see here, the theme for February is ‘Body, Mind, Spirit’ and like the last few years, is linked to a National Curriculum subject. We are visiting PHSE for a second time.
Subscribe for FREE to OUTburst, our bulletin, for reports of events the Schools OUT UK committee attend. Follow LGBT+ History Month on Facebook to find podcasts, webinars and videos exploring our LGBT+ness.
Given our current pandemic situation we can’t take anything for granted, so we are exploring how to be flexible and thinking of new ways of communicating. Keep visiting the website and our social media.
The Proud Trust work book that supports the 2021 theme is here.
In the meantime, we hope you keep safe.
In solidarity, The Schools OUT UK team
In February and March, we support a very exciting, informative and celebratory month, to educate out prejudice and make LGBT+ people, in all their rich diversity, visible.
Download our 2021 logo here.
Meet Our Faces For 2021
We are here for everyone.
Whether you work in education or youth work, or educate young people at home, in a museum, library or art gallery, are a member of a corporate LGBT+ network/social group or as an individual, you can:
- Download our LGBT+ History ‘Voices and Visibility’ wall-chart. Put it on your noticeboard at work, or in your classroom (or home classroom).
- View LGBT+ History Month’s resources. You can download and use these to promote LGBT+ equality .
- Follow us on social media to stay updated on queer issues. We’re on on Facebook , Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Teach some of the over 80 lesson plans that usualise LGBT+ issues across the curriculum and for all ages at The Classroom.
- Put some curriculum posters up in your classroom, common room or on your staff noticeboard.
- Attend OUTing the Past if you are specifically interested in LGBT+ history. See the programmes that were presented in 2020 here.
- Offer a presentation for next year’s OUTing the Past. Do you know a lot about an LGBT+ place or person?
- Book an LGBT+ history presentation. This year they are online. See our 2021 presentations page.
- Research LGBT+ topics during Lockdown. Then keep a look out for our call for papers for 2022. It will be on the OTP website and in our bulletin OUTburst.
- Download The Proud Trust’s LGBT History Month Toolkit 2021. They’ve planned the work so you don’t have to.