LGBT+ History Month is now officially over! Given the current situation we were lucky that only 4 of the events we were responsible for in OUTing the Past, had to be postponed.
We hope that your events were a success and that you have added to your resources to make next year even better.
We were thrilled that there were so many creative and interesting happenings around the country, many rainbow flags flown over public buildings and a few zebra crossings turned into rainbows.
The bureaucracy that was navigated to make those happen is mind boggling, yet the effect powerful, showing as it does, public support and the visibility of the LGBT+ community. Huge thanks.
The variety of events this year was outstanding and we are looking forward to getting reports and pictures from you all. Send them to email@example.com We will put them up to share with the world and inspire others! Take a look at our ‘YOUR events’ page to see what happened in 2019 and 2020.
- Information and free posters supporting the theme are here.
- The Proud Trust work book that supports the 2020 theme is here.
We will have reports of events that the Schools OUT UK committee attended in our bulletin OUTburst so do subscribe or look at it here. Check out our LGBT History Month Facebook to find a flurry of creativity with podcasts, webinars and videos exploring our LGBT+ness.
We are already working on LGBT+HM 2021. Given our current pandemic situation we can’t take anything for granted so we are exploring how to be flexible and thinking of new ways of communicating. Keep an eye on the website and our social media. We will keep you up to date with our plans.
In the meantime, we hope you keep safe.
In solidarity The Schools OUT UK team
In February and March, we have supported a very exciting, informative and celebratory month, to educate out prejudice and make LGBT+ people visible in all their rich diversity.
Download our 2020 logo here.
You can still:
- Download our LGBT History wall-chart. Put it on your noticeboard at work, or your classroom (or home classroom).
- View our resources. You can download and use these.
- Follow us on social media to stay updated on queer issues. We’re on on Facebook and Twitter
If you are in education or youth work, or educating young people at home you can:
- use LGBT+ History Month’s free resources to promote LGBT+ equality.
- put some curriculum posters up on your wall.
- know a lot about an LGBT Place or person? Offer a presentation for next year’s OUTing the Past.
- download The Proud Trust’s LGBT History Month Toolkit 2020. They’ve planned the work so you don’t have to.
- Check out the over 80 lesson plans that usualise LGBT+ issues across the curriculum and for all ages at The Classroom.
- Check out OUTing the Past if you are specifically interested in LGBT+ history. See the programmes that were presented in 2020 here.
- If you are looking to have an LGBT history presentation once the situation changes see our presentations page.
- If you are using this time to do some LGBT research, then keep a look out for our call for papers for 2021. It will be on the OTP website and in our bulletin OUTburst.