LGBT+ History Month 2022 is on its way!
LGBT+ History Month 2022 – Politics In Art: ‘The Arc Is Long’ will be launched in early November. The theme links to Art on the National Curriculum. We will be commemorating the 50th anniversary of the first Pride march in Britain.
We’re sending out a massive thank you to everyone who made an event happen during February 2021. You can still post us pictures of your events (clearly labelled ‘for the 2021 Your Events Page’ to firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can be inspired by you all.
Your creativity and tenacity working exclusively online has meant that LGBT+ lives and issues have been visibilised and celebrated further than we could have covered physically.
There are 100s of events on our calendar, which covers the whole year. Because of Covid, many have been recorded for posterity, some with global audiences.
OUTing the Past was a great success. We will link up with OTP via our YouTube channel when the recordings are available.
Please continue to support us in these difficult times.
Subscribe for FREE to OUTburst, our bulletin, for reports of events the Schools OUT UK committee attend. Follow LGBT+ History Month on Facebook to find podcasts, webinars and videos exploring our LGBT+ness.
Given our current pandemic situation we can’t take anything for granted, so we are exploring how to be flexible and thinking of new ways of communicating. Keep visiting this website and our other social media.
The Proud Trust work book and the primary workbook by John Yates-Harold that support the 2021 theme are here.
In the meantime, we hope you keep safe.
In solidarity, The Schools OUT UK team
We are here for everyone.
Whether you work in education or youth work, or educate young people at home, in a museum, library or art gallery, are a member of a corporate LGBT+ network/social group or as an individual, you can:
- Download our LGBT+ History ‘Voices and Visibility’ wall-chart. Put it on your noticeboard at work, or in your classroom (or home classroom).
- View LGBT+ History Month’s resources. You can download and use these to promote LGBT+ equality .
- Follow us on social media to stay updated on queer issues. We’re on on Facebook , Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Teach some of the over 80 lesson plans that usualise LGBT+ issues across the curriculum and for all ages at The Classroom.
- Put some curriculum posters up in your classroom, common room or on your staff noticeboard.
- Attend OUTing the Past if you are specifically interested in LGBT+ history. See the programmes that were presented in 2020 here.
- Offer a presentation for next year’s OUTing the Past. Do you know a lot about an LGBT+ place or person?
- Book an LGBT+ history presentation. This year they are online. See our 2021 presentations page.
- Research LGBT+ topics during Lockdown. Then keep a look out for our call for papers for 2022. It will be on the OTP website and in our bulletin OUTburst.
- Download The Proud Trust’s LGBT History Month Toolkit 2021. They’ve planned the work so you don’t have to.