We want to fill this page with all of you showing off what you did for LGBT+ History Month 2022!
LGBT+ History Month would not be possible without you, and we are keen to see what the month means to you. We’re sure that people seeing your events will be inspired for next years LGBT+ History Month!
So please submit your blog and photos here and we’ll publish it on this page:
- Cambridge Regional College“Wear Rainbow Day” – We asked students and staff to wear colours of the rainbow or any other LGBTQIA+ flag on a specific day. Loads of students and staff got involved and we took lots of photos and also managed to get more students to sign up to our LGBTQIA+ club. Badge Making We asked […]
- Surrey History CentreSurrey History Centre in Woking had an exciting and varied programme of activity for LGBT+ History Month and you can see the full list for this year on our Exploring Surrey’s Past website newsflash page https://www.exploringsurreyspast.org.uk/lgbt-hm-2022/. This website hosts a vast resource for Surrey’s LGBTQ+ community including biographies, research guides, case studies and community feedback. Di […]
- Tonic HousingOur first LGBT+ History Month at Tonic@Bankhouse After becoming the UK’s first LGBT+ retirement community when we officially launched last summer, we were thrilled to be able to celebrate our very first LGBT+ History Month at Tonic@Bankhouse last week with some of our new residents, who are now settling in! To mark the occasion, we […]
- Oxfordshire librariesOngoing displays in Oxfordshire County Library with books and e-display boards. Vibrancy, diverse and inclusive book displays in all main areas.
- MirthyMirthy provides online events for older adults. For LGBT+ History Month we have a talk by Norena Shopland who is an author/historian specialising in the history of sexual orientation and gender identity : Much of women’s history has been dominated by exclusion – but where exclusion exists there will always be those who challenge that […]
- Downing Place United Reformed ChurchWe held a celebratory service to mark the start of LGBT+ History Month, featuring songs by local LGBT+ community choir Sing Out Cambridge. The service was planned by members of Open Table Cambridge, which provides a safe sacred space for LGBT+ Christians and allies. Lots of people have been involved in creating a stunning display […]