Those of you in/near London will know the invaluable work that Galop has been doing, “policing the police”, for LGBT people.
In the last year, some of Galop’s work, for instance on “Operation nutmeg”, has directly benefitted areas all over the country.
Like many LGBT charities they are suffering terribly during the recession, but one unpaid worker has been organising this benefit event, below:
I would be delighted to welcome you and your friends to Galop’s Celebration of Voice fundraising event on Friday, 11th October at 7pm.
Taking place at London ’s renowned venue The Brewery, the evening will help Galop raise funds to continue offering their services to victims of hate crime, bullying and homophobia.
Guests will be able to enjoy a fun and info rmative evening, including:
A complimentary glass of bubbly (or non-alcoholic alternative) and canapés upon arrival
- Get your groove on to music by DJ QBoy
- A silent auction with fantastic donations by Hugo Boss, Monarch Airlines, Barclays Heliport, The Ritz London, Clare Balding and many more
- A live performance by renowned LGBT poet Dean Atta
- Speeches by Marianna Tortell (CEO at Galop) and Marai Larasi who has previously spoken at the UN about the topic of equality and human rights
- Networking with like-minded people from a variety of sectors
- Take home a goody bag as a ‘thank you’ for your support
Every ticket sold will make a difference, so please share this and attached flyer with your friends.
For further info rmation on the event, please visit www.pink-panda.com/projects
To read a recently published article about the event, please click here.
Spaces are limited but a few tickets are still available. Should you not have a PayPal account, please contact email@example.com for bank details.
It would be great to see you and your friends at the event.