CPS LGBT+ Press Pack

Schools OUT UK (SOUK) is a small teacher led charity, originally formed by a group of Lesbian and Gay teachers in the 1970’s. The objectives of SOUK are to promote equality and diversity for the benefit of the public by: a) increasing the visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual trans queer, intersex and non-binary (“LGBT+”) people, […]

Joint Statement about LGBT Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT+) Domestic Violence and Abuse During the COVID-19 pandemic

Over the last month professionals and activists, agencies, policymakers and government have faced an extraordinary set of circumstances in light of the COVOID-19 pandemic, including in relation to domestic violence and abuse.  While work has been going on behind the scenes to ensure the delivery of services, the public face of much of the response […]

Lesbian Visibility – We See You: The Proud Trust

Over the weekend, we saw much social media activity around Lesbian Visibility Day, marked each year on 26 April. As a society, as we move towards gender neutralised language, i.e. the word “gay” to mean any person that experiences same-gender attraction, we run the risk of losing sight of women and their experiences. Hence positive […]

Winning the argument on inclusive RSE – Zoom Event with LGBT+ Labour

LGBT+ Labour are excited to announce that we will be hosting online events during the lockdown period, starting from next week. On Wednesday we are hosting a panel discussion on how to support schools and local government as we approach the roll-out of LGBT+ inclusive relationships and sex education (RSE). The speakers will also discuss […]

Call For Museums To Take Part In #museumfromhome Event On 30th April

by Alistair Brown – Museums Association The Museums Association (MA) is calling for museums across the UK to participate in a BBC Arts’ Culture in Quarantine event called #MuseumFromHome on 30 April. The event will be a whole day of content on social media, TV and radio focusing on the UK’s museums, and we want you and […]

Working Together For A Proud Future: Can You Help? A Message from Sally Carr MBE, Operational Director, The Proud Trust

This past week, I have had the most joyful reminder of the support and love in our community. I am staggered by the number of folk coming forward with such enthusiasm to apply for our mentoring programme. I am immensely grateful, and I am proud that folk trust us with their valuable time. If you […]

Welcome to THE UK’s inaugural ​DIGITAL Lesbian Visibility WEEK

As the leading LBTQ media group in Europe, DIVA Media Group reaches an audience of 250,000 users every month. In our engagement we are increasingly finding LGBTQI women feel that they are misunderstood and under supported. One of the aims of Lesbian Visibility Week is to show our solidarity with every woman within the LGBTQI community, as well as […]

Join Readings for the Lockdown with Homo Promos

by Peter Scot-Presland We had a little group ready to do readings of two short plays/librettos from the cycle the Gay Century, as a way of choosing which would be appropriate to take to Belfast as part of the LGBT history festival there.  This got blown away by the lockdown. The Gay Century is a […]

To all the LGBT+ children and young people. We see you and we hear you.

To all the LGBT+ children and young people. We see you and we hear you.  As LGBT+ youth organisations from across the UK and Ireland, we are raising our (metaphorical) rainbow flags in solidarity with you,  and commitment to being here for you. As LGBT+ youth organisations we are reaching out to welcome you in […]

Resilience case study – The Proud Trust: Business as (Un)usual

We recognise the position The Proud Trust has as England’s largest LGBT+ youth charity. Funding is always an issue for us, as it is for all in our sector. However, we do have capacity and resource to support others and we are mindful of how we can use our position to work collaboratively with other […]